Looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for an exciting new opportunity in a Galway based company working across the automotive, industrial and aerospace industries.
This is a really exciting time to join the company as the are expanding the company and building a new R&D centre.
- Responsible for the implementation, supervision and further expansion of a pilot battery module production line
- Responsible for production planning, documentation and automotive certification processes
- Collaborate with the design and test engineering groups to ensure DFM compliance.
- Analyze operating procedures and functions of equipment and machinery to reduce time and cost of assembly manufacturing processes
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering teams during the commissioning and ramp of new equipment to learn the system and pinpoint any potential engineering design oversight.
- Program ladder logic and structured text on multiple PLC controller platforms
- Program and teach robots. Sequence complex, multi-station machinery for material pick-and-place, dispense, fastening, welding and conveyance applications
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- 5-years of hands-on mechanical and electrical experience in a production environment.
- Experience with OEM & Tier 1 certification process is a significant plus.
- Comfortable with electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software.
- Understanding of automation systems, mechanical engineering, robotics, PLCs, data collection systems.
- Knowledgeable about dispensing equipment is a plus.
- Experience with drilling, tapping, and utilizing basic shop tools.
- CNC experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, statistics, SPC.
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes.
- Experience with ISO9001 and IATF16949 is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection.
- Able to maintain organization and focus in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent communicator, both in presentations and written reports.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively achieve results with multiple vendors.
- Strong hands-on experience with pilot manufacturing.
If you are interested in this role or would like more information, please call me on 091 455 300.
All applications will be strictly confidential.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.