Location: Co. Clare
Our impressive client has a role available for an experienced Accountant in Shannon, Co. Clare.
As part of the team you will be exposed to career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
There is a key focus on employee wellbeing and they continually invest in people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities.
Flexible working arrangements can also be discussed.
What you will be doing:
- The production of monthly & quarterly management accounts, annual statutory accounts for captive insurance companies, together with all ancillary reports to tight reporting deadlines.
- Developing & maintaining strong internal & external relationships and understanding the client context for the portfolio you work on.
- The proper maintenance of financial records.
- Communication and liaison with clients, auditors, financial institutions and other team members to ensure the highest degree of client satisfaction.
- Processing insurance information including claims and premium.
- Preparation of various insurance reports and reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT and Insurance related returns.
- Various daily and monthly administration duties.
- Supporting group wide projects where the need arises.
- Inter office travel may be required for client meetings and participation in collaboration projects.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified accounting professional or part qualified working towards qualification, with previous experience in the preparation of financial statements and management accounts
- Ideally, but not essentially, you have insurance industry experience.
- You are fluent in English with excellent communication skills (foreign language skills an advantage)
- You can work to tight reporting deadlines and using your own initiative.
- High degree of computer literacy and skills including an extensive working knowledge of Excel.
To apply for this position or for more information you can contact me in the strictest confidence: Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309 - email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.