The role of Project Manager Construction is to plan and manage the execution of multiple contracts via Construction Managers, of varying complexity from initiation through to close out, including resource planning such that the works are delivered safely and efficiently, within costs and time, without incidents and to the required quality standards. The Project Manager Construction will also support the estimating phase pre-contract award, assisting in interpreting client requirements, developing construction plans, schedules and sub contract work scopes as deemed necessary for our estimation activities.
Typical roles involve but are not limited to the following:
- Developing project execution strategies including vendor and subcontractor selection
- Establishment of highly effective construction supervision teams across various sites / multiple contracts
- Manage multiple client relationships in a collaborative fashion to ensure customer loyalty
- Planning of all aspects of the work from initiation through execution and closure, including critical path analysis and work around planning to prevent project execution slippage
- Effective identification and ongoing management of contract risk and opportunities
- Oversight of weekly/monthly progress reporting to customer and or their representatives in a timely and professional fashion across multiple contracts
- Collaborate with internal functions such as HR, finance, commercial, procurement and estimating to effect efficient contract execution
- Attend and chair internal and client site meetings as necessary to effect a successful outcome for all stakeholders
Education, Training & Experience
- Degree Qualification in Mechanical Engineering, construction or equivalent
- Project Management Certificate or Diploma
- Proficient in suite of Microsoft applications, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Primavera is advantageous
- Completion of Management of Safety in Construction (MSIC) or equivalent
- Min 10 years relevant work experience
Must possess industry experience in construction phase of in pharmaceutical, electronics or oil and gas industry
- Strong Communicator, written and verbal
- Accountable, someone who take ownership of tasks form beginning to end
- Strong financial acumen
- Organised person who can self-prioritise work
- Decisive, able to make decisions while lacking some information.
- Ability to complete successful negotiation and build rapport with customers and subcontractors
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Contract administration experience including claims management
- Diligent, pays a high level of attention to detail, and sets a high standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Personable, and a team player.
If you are interested and have the appropriate experience and qualifications,
please apply to Gearóid Hughes at Sigmar (email@example.com ) or contact Gearóid
for a confidential discussion on 01 4744695
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.