Role: Credit & Document Specialist
Reports into: Credit & Collections Manager
This role is with our large multinational medical diagnostics client in Galway City.
The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for co-ordination of all aspects of documentary collections.
On-going knowledge of current revisions of regulations governing trade products, including Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Letters of Credit (UCP), Uniform Rules for Collections (URC) and International Standby Practices (ISP98) essential.
- Review of Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, documentary collections ensuring compliance of rules and procedures with regards to country sanctions and money laundering.
- Co-ordination with relevant departments, commercial, customer services, treasury, banking partners to ensure compliance of opening of letter of Credit, accurate presentation of documents within relevant timelines to enable prompt payment from confirming bank and minimizing risk.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient resolution of LC matters.
- Perform credit analysis of new and existing customers. Recommend credit limits appropriate to risk profile through diligent risk assessment and monitoring. Review all available sources of credit & financial information including Credit agencies, financial statements.
- Handling of complex queries, providing general advice and guidance.
- Building relationships with relevant prime banks, commercial, Treasury and finance teams enhancing Trade Finance awareness, and providing guidance and direction to all.
- Review contractual payment terms and approve or make recommendations
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient resolution of LC matters, Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all cross functional teams including sales.
You should have:
- Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists an advantage.
- Accounting Technician or equivalent Credit qualification desirable.
- Third Level Diploma/Degree an advantage.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a large multinational corporation.
- Letters of credit experience essential.
To apply for this position or for more information you can contact me in the strictest confidence: Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309 - firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.