Senior Specialist Safety & Environment
This role is part of the site EHS team who is creating and building original and novel pharmaceuticals to address unmet medical needs. We need proven leadership abilities and experience in EHS execution preferably within highly regulated industry such as pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industries, medical device, food and drink, or alternatively within other regulated industry, consulting or EHS agencies.
What will this job involve?
The successful candidate will need to solve problems to anticipate and minimize workplace safety and environmental risks. We are interested in a candidate who can effectively prioritize, ensure regulatory compliance, and drive continuous performance improvement efforts.
- Demonstrates collaboration with partners in operations to ensure a safe by choice culture
- Drives EHS improvements with clear outcomes.
- Provides support for process areas including management of change, incident investigation, EHS standards compliance, auditing and capital project work as assigned.
- With a deep knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Leads and supports action oriented EHS teams.
- Assures completion of regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with local and country EHS requirements.
- Experience with leading EHS agency inspections and regulatory advocacy.
- Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with limited supervision.
What you should have for this job?
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering or Science; Safety or Environmental related technical discipline is an advantage
- Minimum of 6 years of applied professional EHS work experience.
- Preferred proficiency in the areas of environmental and/or occupational safety compliance and critical thinking, project management, problem solving.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.