Stock & Margin Accountant - Dublin West
My client in the retail industry is seeking a Stock & Margin accountant to join their growing finance function, with thier huge finance success in 2019 they are expanding for 2020.
About the Role:
- A Management Accountant role reporting directly into the Systems Director. The main focus of the role is producing the month end Management Accounts for assigned parts of Net Margin & Retail Stock (including preparation of analysis, reconciling balance sheet positions and delivering insight into variances against budget/forecast on a by branch/division/department level).
- To ensure that retail stock reported in the balance sheet is accurately recorded and valued and all P&L stock movements have been analysed and fully understood and explained.
- Work alongside Finance and Systems team members to fully embrace the functionality our reporting systems offer and suggest improvements for the reporting processes to cater for business needs.
- Ensure stakeholders (Finance, Operations & Buying Teams) are kept fully informed of the reported position, the insight gained and any opportunities or risks therein. To investigate and work with relevant teams to the successful resolution of any unapproved movements and unusual trends in the system with appropriate signoff.
- Analysing the gross and net margins with both macro and micro analysis and identify the possible issues and provide the resolution, reporting on all price & quantity variances, leakage & stock loss.
- Report on a weekly and periodic basis leakages, wastage and stock trends and stock level differences and provide feedback to relevant field and head office teams where appropriate. Monitor and identify risk areas and opportunities for savings.
- Daily review, analysis and reporting on the GRI differences; working with Buying team to ensure all are systematically and consistently followed up and addressed.
- Input into stockholding levels, assist in streamlining working capital and liaise with Buying Department to ensure stock levels are managed in line with Open to Buy levels.
- To work with operations teams regarding the performance of the stocktaking process and liaise with Financial Controller & Operations relating to any stock adjustments sign off.
- To work with the Finance Business Partner, Stock takers and Store staff to understand and follow up stock leakages / trends and to drive leakage in the business down at an overall level.
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors on the operational and management information.
Experience Required for this job:
- Supply/merchandise purchase accounting experience within an international firm preferable.
- 3 years' experience working in a large company with high volume flows
- Retail experience preferable
- Exposure to ERP systems
- Qualified CIMA/ACA/ ACCA accountant
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Commercially minded
- Continuous improvement mindset (identifying opportunities, creating new insight, automating reporting or reducing month end timescales)
- Enjoy the challenges that come with working in a fast-paced, diverse and high growth business
- Fluent in English
If you are interested in this role or discussing any other roles that may be available, please contact Aoife McCamley at Sigmar Recruitment on email@example.com or call directly - 01 474 4691. Your job application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Sigmar Recruitment Wins 'The Best Recruitment Company To Work For' at TIARAs 2019
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.