Facilities Technician | Medical Device Company
Fancy being well paid and working a four-day week? With the opportunity to travel + work with a cross functional team-based environment. Work with a company that supports on-going training. Our Medical Device Manufacturing client is ideally located and easily commutable from surrounding Midlands areas, Galway City and County.
Location: Co. Galway
- Attractive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- VHI health Insurance for the employee (spouse and kids if applicable)
- Defined Contribution pension
- Stock options grant available
- Long term disability + Death in service cover up to 4x lump sum salary
- Flexible working week (four days working week)
- Free car parking onsite
- Canteen facilities onsite
- Paid Holidays
Responsibilities of the Job:
- The Facilities Technician will participate in reviewing and updating of relevant documentation as required
- Liaise with appropriate vendors to ensure that external equipment services are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Respond to and assist production with unscheduled equipment maintenance which has failed or is out of spec, in order to keep production requirements met.
- Responsible for Preventative and Corrective maintenance activities completed to schedule in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Plan equipment down time where necessary due to internal service or vendor's availability to come to site etc.
- You will follow all procedures regarding equipment to ensure compliance.
- The Facilities Technician will suggest continuous improvements for process and equipment activities.
- Assist in audits and investigations as required.
- Maintain all documentation in an organized and controlled manner in compliance with QMS
- Ensure metrics are maintained and communicated from area of responsibility.
- Work with team personnel as required to facilitate equipment service activities.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Facilities plant, equipment and systems including HVAC, compressed gas, electrical distribution, chemical handling and R.O water.
- Assist in maintaining spare parts area ensuring adequate critical components are available.
- Maintain a Healthy and Safe work environment in conformance with company policies and procedures while promoting safety awareness at all times ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Plant and Production layouts and in the provision of necessary infrastructure.
What we would like you to have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Facilities/Equipment Maintenance in Medical Device sector
- Degree in Mechatronics /Automation or Craft Technician qualification or Mechanical/Electrical qualification
- Experience with PLC’s & pneumatics
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements for the design & manufacture of catheters.
- Clearly understands how his/her role impacts internal and external project(s)
If you are interested in this job and are a suitably qualified and experienced Facilities Technician, please contact Aaron Long at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 749 264 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.