Large multinational pharmaceutical company based in the Waterford/Tipperary area is looking for an experience Procurement Specialist to join the team. This is an 11month contract and the salary is €55k – 65k.
Responsible for the management of all addressable spend in site. Managing the full recruitment process, including sourcing suppliers/bidders, negotiation, and associated administration required to run the operation.
The duties of the Procurement Specialist:
- Working close with relevant site stakeholder, Ireland Procurement Team and the Global Procurement Centre’s of Expertise (COE).
- Work closely with internal customers for Direct and Indirect categories during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
- Ensuring that Global Procurement is in full control and has detailed understanding of the local supply market, local business practices, laws, regulations and policies.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier.
- Obtaining approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
- Prepare month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed.
- Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
The requirements of the Procurement Specialist:
- At least three years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Technical, Manufacturing, Business).
- Must have experience using SAP
- Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
- Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
For more information you can contact me directly on 01 4744652 or @ email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.