Our client is currently seeking to recruit Site Engineer to join their team based in Dublin.
Responsible for setting out the site and dimensional controls in accordance with the relevant contract drawings, specification and site surveys. Ensures that all relevant tolerances have been catered for without compromising quality or loss of floor space. is tasked with reviewing construction outputs and planning the most efficient sequence of operations with an emphasis on control of the works, quality and technical advice. The Engineer will carry out their work in accordance wit company standard procedures and discharge their duties as listed in the companies safety statement/policy.
- Sets out the works in accordance with drawings, specifications and site surveys.
- Liaises with the project planners regarding construction programmes and supplier outputs.
- Checks materials and works in progress for compliance with the specified requirements.
- Adheres to all safety company requirements as outlined in the company safety statement.
- Inputs into specific elements of the inspection and test plans and ensures that our supply chain provide test data to back up the contract technical requirements
- Raises RFI's and resolves technical issues with employers representatives, suppliers, subcontractors ans statutory authorities.
- Quality control and record keeping in accordance with procedural method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans which have been prepared by the project management team and by subcontractors.
- Ability to QA check packages i.e. drainage and rebar installation.
- Liaises with company or project purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements.
- Supervises and mentors junior or trainee engineers.
- Measurement and valuation (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate)
- Provide records in respect of variation orders and site instructions.
- Sets up drawing register and ensures that the subcontractor is using the latest version of the contract record drawings and specifications whilst ensuring that they are technically coordinated.
- Produces reports and ensures that site diaries are properly maintained
- Reviews the work of subordinate staff
- Carries out schedule of current condition before works commence.
- Assists their line manager in maintaining and monitoring safe working practices on site.
- Carries out snagging and de-snagging during construction process and prior to presentation to the professional team for handover.
Experience & Skills
- 3 years post qualification experience with good knowledge of the sector or experience within a project base organisation.
- Articulate and numerate capable of delivering reports verbally and written in an objective and persuasive manner.
- Displays good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management.
- Working knowledge of Control of Temporary works
- A broad range of technical exposure with the following trades, Piling, Geotechnical, substructures, superstructures and facades.
- Proficient in the use of total stations, EDM's, Lasers or Dumpy level
- Working knowledge of BIM advantageous, with the ability to input 3D scanning, or point cloud survey information.
- Degree in a Construction, Project Management or Civil Engineering
- First Aid Course
- is either qualified or working towards professional status of EI, ICE, MCIOB
For more info you can contact Aileen 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.