Job Title: Technical Support Tier II – German speaking
Location: Galway City (West side of the City)
Company Type: IT Software – Global company
Company culture: Collaborative, friendly, busy!
Type of contact: We have two roles, one is a permanent position and the other is a temporary contract (3 months initially)
Info about the role:
This is an interesting and busy role where the successful applicant will be liaising with engineering teams to resolve issues and provide support. Fluency in German is needed.
The typical candidate:
The typical candidate will be fluent in both German and English and will have a technical qualification in computer engineering/IT. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and keen to solve customer issues promptly and professionally.
This is a friendly and busy team, the best candidate for the job will be some-one who works well in a team environment and can get on well with both customers and work colleagues.
Hours of work: 39 hours per week.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of products and ongoing releases
- Customer liaison via e-mail, phone or remote access
- Technical fault analysis and troubleshooting
- Answer calls and e-mails in line with team’s KPIs
- Keep external and internal customers informed of the status of helpdesk issues
- Respond quickly to IT issues, escalating to the product development team where required
- Native level German speaker
- Understanding of PC networking hardware/software concepts
- Knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 / Server 2012 standalone and in a network environment
- Familiar with SQL / MS SQL server and databases
- Able to perform root cause analysis and replicate and test problems
- Fluent English essential
For further information (in the strictest confidence) please feel free to contact Louisa Poinboeuf at email@example.com
Sigmar Recruitment will never share your details with a Third Party without your prior permission.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.