Job Title: Software Development Team Lead/Manager
Location: Galway City (this role must be on site full time, no remote working opportunities at the moment)
Contract type: Permanent
This is a replacement role and looks after a team of up to 10 Software Developers.
About the company:
This employer are well established in Galway City and have a good reputation in the market place. This is a great opportunity to join a professional IT Development team and develop your management career in an agile scrum environment.
About the job:
There are two essential skills that are needed for this role; firstly, applicants need to come from a strong software development background (approx. 7 years) and secondly applicants need to have proven experience of managing a team and their workload. Even if that team comprises of 2-3 people, the quality of management experience that this person has is more important than the amount of direct reports.
The Managerial Responsibilities of the role:
- Line manager of a software development team. Managing the team on a daily basis and building great collaboration.
- Ensure effective technical communication across team.
- Manage task schedule
- Look after performance management effectively for team members eg setting their goals, monitoring progress and identifying areas for improvement.
- Take responsibility for supporting technical issues relating to service incidents.
- Gain and advance own technical knowledge of the product and act as a technical leader.
Sprint & Release Delivery Job Responsibilities
- Act as the Scrum Master for all product change
- Lead, schedule and manage all product change tasks within the sprint delivery cycle.
- Manage all development & QA tasks using the Jira platform.
- Manage and monitor team daily updates.
- Create and update comprehensive release notes for all planned product changes.
Tool Set - Working Knowledge of: (C#.net is not essential, once applicants have a strong development background other frameworks and languages can be considered).
- Visual Studio, C# .net framework, NUnit, Entity framework, SQL Server, Jira, Confluence
- Azure services, CI/CD practises
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.