- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or Services Quantity Surveying.
- 7 Years or more experience in a commercial role in a mechanical contracting company in ROI.
- Lead a team of experienced chartered QS and junior estimator to fulfill the QS and estimation requirements of a small mechanical contractor based in Dublin.
- Must show flare towards commercial awareness.
- Must have general knowledge of mechanical systems like Ventilation, LPHW, CHW, Water Services etc.
- Knowledge of pharma grade mechanical systems would be desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems design would be desirable but not essential.
- Must have ability and experience in taking a mechanical tender from start to finish using a MS Excel template pricing structure.
- Must have ability and experience with procurement of mechanical sub-contractor packages in conjunction with contracts managers.
- Must have ability and experience with monthly management of subcontractor packages including agreeing monthly valuations, issuing payment certs for accounts, assessing and agreeing of variations with site managers & contracts managers input.
- Must have ability and experience with monthly commercial management of mechanical works including issuing of monthly valuations, agreement of valuations with client QS, identifying and pricing of variations, tracking of costs and sales, liasing with accounts department on invoicing requirements.
- Knowledge of contract types desirable, but contract expertise is not essential.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have ability to work within a team and to lead a small team.
- Based in the office in Dublin. Site visits required from time to time as needed.
- Must have own mode of transport.
- Fluent in English is essential.
- Must have strong knowledge of the mechanical contracting scene in Ireland, especially Dublin.
- Must be an experienced user of MS Excel, Office & Powerpoint.
For more information please contact Éamonn on 0906413972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.