Role: Our client is a prominent Irish land management company who are currently hiring an Environmental/QA Specialist to join their team in Wicklow. As their Environmental/QA Specialist, your job will be to manage their environmental, health, safety and quality audits, with a focus on environmental/hydrology aspects of this work. If you are coming from a similar background with good project management experience and knowledge of hydrology, then this job would be a great opportunity for you. This job will present the opportunity to get involved in a company that pays close attention to their environmental impact and its implications for sustainability. If you are interested in applying to be their next Environmental/QA Specialist, you can find more information below to see if this is the right fit for you.
- Managing the co-ordination of Environment, Health & Safety and Quality Audits.
- Preparing monthly Internal Audit KPI reports.
- Providing specialist input into the Quarterly Risk Review, Safety Committee and Environment Management Plan Meetings.
- Proactively review and develop QA audit protocols periodically based on feedback from relevant departments/stakeholders.
- Development/implementation of effective management strategies and programmes to ensure ongoing environmental protection in compliance with relevant directives and standards.
- Identify and address key information gaps on best management practices in hydrology.
- Support delivery on environmental programmes/projects in conjunction with other key environmental regulatory stakeholders and/or universities.
- Provide hydrological and environmental advice on associated environmental areas.
- Proactively influence on a national scale on best practices and measures to be adopted to ensure compliance with relevant directives.
- Liaise with external environmental, non-governmental agencies and certification auditors on compliance with environmental protection and quality management standards.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Project management experience with a proven track record of delivering on objectives.
- Good knowledge of environmental compliance and auditing.
- Able to positively engage and negotiate with environmental regulators and non-government agencies alike.
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with environmental, regulatory and quality standards.
- Knowledge of advocating sustainable management positions with an array of stakeholders and key influencers.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.