You will be responsible for coordinating and executing day-to-day operations of the assigned Purchasing Team in Galway to ensure procured materials and finished goods are available as requested and customer service and stock level targets are consistently achieved.
The role will be based in Galway, and is responsible for managing, coaching and developing a team based culture, driving change and improvement initiatives, establishing, communicating and implementing short, medium to long terms plans. You will also be managing buyers in international sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be responsible for the Performance Management of the team
- Organising the Workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard
- Responsible for the Induction and Training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered, and measured
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes and implement IT/SAP functionality
- Establish KPI’s
- Develop and maintain areas of expertise in Product Specialisms required for the role; sharing and expanding knowledge within the Purchasing team.
- Ensure training policy, procedures and activities support QMS requirements
- You will be responsible for Purchasing, Supplier Quality, Change & New Product Management, in addition to Technical responsibilities
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience managing Purchasing teams
- Ideally would a relevant Purchasing Qualification (APICS/CIPS, degree).
- Demonstrated success in managing and coordinating a multi-skilled team in performance and productivity
- A proven record of delivering exceptional Supply Chain service
- Knowledge of MRP II computer systems is preferable and in particular SAP would be a significant advantage as it forms a major part of the supply chain. Experience of the use of such systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories global is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with shifting priorities.
- Strong record of developing and implementing procedures.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
To apply for this position please contact Amanda Reynolds at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455304 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.