A shared services company based in Dublin City Centre South is looking for 3 Indirect Tax Specialists.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report directly to you.
- Ensure regular 1 to 1 meetings take place (document relevant matters to VAT Leadership)
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Objectives Plan.
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Development Plan.
- Complete mid-year and end of year reviews in an appropriate timeframe (based on guidance from the Indirect Tax Manager and HR).
- Act as a mentor in assisting and developing the VAT knowledge and expertise of the VAT Analyst
- Assist and engage the Analyst in new and relevant local and international VAT updates.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and approving all compliance work (VAT returns, EC Sales lists, intrastate, annual returns, Withholding returns, and any other ad hoc returns where applicable) of the Indirect Tax Analyst.
- Ensure the VAT Analyst makes all payments in a timely manner.
- Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each month
- Oversee the Tax process to identify follow- up and resolve any errors or exceptions.
- Follow up on outstanding repayments/refund applications in a timely manner.
- Involvement and initiation of projects on above process/system efficiencies.
- Manage the resolution of items assigned to you on the Issue Resolution Log.
- Elevate to VAT Leadership issues/errors of a systemic or financially material nature.
- Manage errors and exceptions to minimize the impact on financial results and avoid noncompliance penalties with Tax Authorities.
- Ensure all Tax Audits/Queries are registered and filed in the share drive under the appropriate folder and using the appropriate naming convention.
- Manage all Tax Audits/Queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring that, where appropriate, local Tax expertise is consulted.
- Provide audit support.
- Support the Global VAT Director in terms of any initiatives and requests.
- Develop Market relationships by providing accurate and relevant VAT advice thereby centralising consultancy across GFS Europe.
- Oversee new VAT registrations and provide advice in respect of new business set ups; ensure the SAP/Oracle team are aware of the changes as soon as you are notified of the request for a new VAT registration.
- Demonstrate an adaptability and openness to change, whether it be in objectives, roles, procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working roles, to allow assistance to other colleagues in busy periods, by proactively making themselves available to support others
- Minimum 3-5 years VAT experience
- A recognized professional tax qualification (eg, AITI, AIIT) and/or significant post qualified experience an advantage
- Experience in a Big 4 Indirect tax practice or a multinational commercial organisation and/or Specialist experience in Indirect Tax an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed VAT legislation to provide detailed advice to management on specific transactions
If this sounds like you please contact Justyna Pinkowska at Sigmar Recruitment 01 474 4646 or email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.