Our client is currently seeking to recruit Appeals and Complaints Co-ordinator based in Westmeath, to provide Service Excellence to their customers by building a deep understanding of their needs, requirements and expectations in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
The role of Coordinator - Appeals and Complaints requires a versatile, flexible and effective service manager experienced in managing third party services in a high-volume and dynamic operating environment.
The purpose of this role is to support the management of the appeals and complaints service.
Appeals and Complaints Process Management
- Support the Appeals and Complaint Manager with the operational functions that meet our clients Appeals and Complaints obligations
- Ensuring that Independent Appeals Officers are adequately furnished, and supported, to fulfil their duties by providing administrative support.
- Monitor appeals being tracked and managed on the system and inform Appeals and Complaints Manager of ongoing caseloads.
- Monitor and ensure the Team are responding to complaints in a timely manner and all that they are closed out as per agreed procedures.
- Regularly carry out quality checks for all procedures, and processes, for Appeals and Complaints for the Team.
- Regular review of call logs of complaints with Appeals and Complaints Manager.
- Ensure withdrawals of appeals are managed appropriately and in liaison with the Independent Appeals Officer.
- Ensure hardcopy form requests for Appellants is managed and documented.
- Assess trends of appeals and feedback from Independent Appeals Officers. Analyse pressure points and streamline administration processes.
Service Delivery Management
- Ensure proper process and procedures are documented and applied for Appeals and Complaints.
- Establish and apply clear service targets and key performance indicators for the administrative team
- Ensure management information is effective and utilised
- Ensure strong coordination and communication with other business units, particularly with early years’ service provider supports and the programme management units
- Maintain all procedure reference guides and ensure they are up to date
- Provide administrative support to the Independent Appeals Officers where required and ensure resources are allocated and managed correctly.
- Delegate workloads to the Administration Teams and ensure consistency and quality of work.
- Ensure Complaints are being handled correctly and the correct protocol has been followed when a complaint has been referred. Provide feedback to relevant Team Coordinator where challenges present.
- Accountable for ensuring all complaints and appeals that have been assigned to the Teams have been completed and closed off within the agreed timeframe.
- Oversee booking of rooms for oral hearings and associated tasks.
- Comply with all GDPR and Data Protection Acts.
- Prepare reports where required to support the Appeals and Complaints Manager
- Ensure the record management process is fit for purpose and utilise available electronic resources to manage case files.
- Manage stationery and other office supplies required to carry out the function of the Team.
- Manage any assigned staff members and team, ensuring they are equipped with a clear understanding of requirements and expectations; are developed, supported and performance managed and are valued
- Ensure rostering of staff is adequate in relation to time management, annual leave, sick leave and other leave periods.
- Ensure all of the Team are involved in all aspects of the role, i.e. dealing with complaints and appeals process to ensure fair split of tasks.
- Conduct one to one’s with admin teams, performance reviews and set goals as agreed with the Appeals and Complaints Manager.
- Conduct regular Team Meetings to ensure cohesion and development of relationships across the Team.
- Ensure that staff adhere to company policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure adherence to the highest standards of health and safety and to all internal policies and procedures which support the promotion of a positive environment for occupational safety, health and welfare.
- Coordinate and provide training for the Administration Team in legislative processes and Appeals and Complaints.
Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time as appropriate to the role and grade.
- Professional Communication & Service Excellence Skills
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the customers’ needs
- Fully meets and strives to exceed customers’ expectations
- All customers experience a consistent high level of service
- Customers experience a consistent high level of satisfaction
- Creates trust and credibility; displays honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour while engaging with customers and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills that incorporate empathy, listening & understanding, while processing the ability to be confident, calm and assertive in a respectful and clear manner
Professional Problem Solving
- Takes ownership and responsibility for resolving issues
- Has experience of delivering a range of logical, coherent solutions
- Has the ability and confidence to explore and define the actual issue
- Considers alternatives and resolves them decisively
- Takes accountability for their actions and demonstrates confidence in decisions made
- Analytical Skills
- Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and analyse information and data to support effective decision making processes.
- Independently engages in tasks requiring interpretation of complex and often vague sets of information
- Able to comprehend big picture and to brainstorm and mind-map
- Logical and structured in thinking and understands cause and effect analysis
Leadership & Management
Demonstrates accountability for leading, directing, monitoring and evaluating the services provided by the staff members within their team and the performance of their department.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can assess each person’s strengths and use them to get the best out of him/her; promotes confidence and optimistic attitude; influences others to follow a common goal.
Has the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others; collaborating and cooperating to get the job done.
Provides support to colleagues to help develop a strong and cohesive team ethos.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with customers and colleagues to achieve success
- A structured and organised approach with the ability to prioritise and manage their workload
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to their work in fast paced demanding environment
- Experience of operating consistently in a changing environment at an optimal level
- Approaches their work in a professional, friendly and courteous manner
- Is confident and approachable while processing the ability to be assertive as required
- Enthusiastic, pragmatic and motivated in their approach
- Experience of a busy, complex and dynamic operations environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of management of customer service / account transaction services by a third party supplier and / or managing within customer interface transaction services of a significant scale
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of business to business relationship management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of team management in service development and delivery
- Evidence of the production of high quality reports and written materials
- Proficient in use of business systems, workflows and management information; Microsoft packages; SharePoint applications and portals.
- Experience of working on a client / provider site
- Experience of service delivery in public service or early years context is desirable
- Whilst experience and performance track record are key determinants, relevant qualification in project management / business management / logistics / service development and delivery is desirable.
- Personal application, critical thinking and presentational capacity as represented through a third level qualification to Level 8 or higher on the National Framework of Qualifications, or equivalent, is desirable.
- Understanding of the Irish language
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.