My client is currently looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join is growing team in Cork.
- Providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
- Solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals
- Deployment of updates/roll-outs.
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's
- Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
- Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
- Comply with Asset Management policies
- Daily misc. tasks - password resets, drive permissions, user issues, wireless phone issues, new staff IT inductions, SAP logins, citrix issues, switch configs, creating purchase orders, etc.
Experience and Skills Required:
- PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
- Experience Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
- Good knowledge of Workstation, Desktops & Laptops
- Excellent Communication, people skills with the ability to multi task
- A flexible approach and work alongside the various operational teams.
- 2+ years’ experience in a desktop support environment
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.