A leader in the Irish Hotel and Hospitality Industry- our client is looking for a Financial Controller based in beautiful setting in Cork and reporting to the Regional Financial Controller. Your role will be to provide business insights and expertise to the General Manager/Management Team. Our client is looking for someone to join now at this vital time for the business as huge growth appears on the horizon across Ireland & UK.
Summary of Role:
- Monthly management accounts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow)
- Weekly financial reports (including forecasting)
- Audit prep assistance (VAT declaration, payroll taxes, compliance etc.)
- Enhancing and adding value to existing processes/procedures and potential opportunities
- Income Audit (accurate recoring of sales, tracked and analysed income metrics)
- Payroll management (highlight/generate reports for various departments and address problem areas)
- Cash/Bank control (ensure accurate processes and procedures are in place)
- AR/AP (effective and efficient)
- Make a pro-active contribution to the management of the Hotel as a whole - with a focus on the maintenance of the the control environment and cost management.
- Guide managers and staff on finance procedures (cash, procurement, ensuring strict adherence to financial controls)
- Work with the wider team to ensure functional understanding of financial reporting and various other metrics, P&L etc.
- Implement a culture of best practice within the finance team.
Summary of Requirements:
- Qualified Accountant
- 2+ yrs PQE
- Strong communication, management and analytical skills
- Systems experience (Sage, Opera etc.)
- Demonstrated accounting experience in hospitality/retail or food & beverage industry
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.