Role: Payroll Specialist
Location: Galway (East)
As Payroll Specialist, you will be part of the Finance team and report to the Accounting Manager.
The role is responsible for delivering a professional service to the highest standards whilst ensuring all statutory and regulatory requirements are met at all times.
- Processing of bi-weekly and monthly payroll for salaried and hourly paid employees and associated administration.
- Administration of employee information in the payroll system including starters, leavers and employee changes.
- Processing of timesheets, time amendments, expenses and absences and other leave pay.
- Administration of benefit in kind, pension deductions, pay increases, bonus and overtime.
- Ensure company compliance in relation to all aspects of payroll e.g. PAYE, PRSI and BIK.
- Liaise with site, corporate and external stakeholders on information for your area of responsibility.
- Deal with payroll queries on pay, tax and PRSI deductions, hours worked, pension, holidays and other benefits from employees.
- Preparation of reports for the wider business as required.
- Maintenance and accurate file keeping of all payroll related information.
- General administration, written correspondence with employees and external third parties
- Completion of payroll records audit and account reconciliation process in line with internal financial & Sarbanes Oxley control requirements.
- Must possess a payroll qualification.
- Have a knowledge of Payroll Modernisation and the changes that came into effect in January 2019.
- Proven experience in payroll and general accounting work.
- Computer literate: including highly proficient in MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience of delivering payroll projects would be an advantage.
- Experience in Mega pay payroll software would be an advantage.
- Experience with TMS time & attendance system would be an advantage
If you are interested in this job please send your CV to; Ciara Darcy email@example.com or call 091 455 309
Sigmar Recruitment will always handle your details in confidence and will never forward your details to a Third Party without your prior permission.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.