Job Title: Application Developer
Reporting into: Development Manager
Location: Galway City
Contract type: Permanent
This Application Developer is responsible for creation, support and modification of business-critical applications. This role is a busy and varied one and will work closely with internal and external clients to interpret and analyse the tech requirements for various systems.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Application Developer:
- Ensure all requirements are documented and analysed for maximum efficiency in the coding, testing and deployment process.
- Adhere to project timelines and deliverables and provide effective communication of changes or disruptions to the schedule.
- Utilize new technologies and practices to make solutions feature rich and improve ability to deliver cost effective and time sensitive solutions.
- Work with the team lead and peers to suggest areas of improvements and system enhancements.
- Be responsible for project software design and support overall architectural design.
- Provide both accurate and complete software development estimates for larger software projects.
Core Skills needed for this Application Developer Job:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Strong object-oriented programming (OOP) skills
- Proven ability to ‘think outside-the-box’
Required Qualifications and Skills needed by this Application Developer:
- 5+ years of using MS SQL Server
- 3+ years of writing advanced SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and views
- 3+ years of using .NET MVC
- 2+ years of using JS frameworks (Angular 2+, React, Vue)
- Experience using Git, Entity Framework and Unit Testing
Qualifications and Skills that will make you stand out from the crowd:
- 1+ years of experience with .NET Core
- Experience working within an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience developing Microservices
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience using containers (e.g. Docker)
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with various Azure services (e.g. DevOps, Log Analytics, Monitor, SQL, Kubernetes)
- Experience with ASP.NET
- UI/UX Design
- Octopus Deploy
For further details before applying, feel free to contact me in the strictest confidence at email@example.com or 091 455 308.
Sigmar Recruitment will never share your details with a Third Party without your permission.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.