Role: Our client is a provider of air conditioning solutions who are currently hiring a Controls Engineer to join their team in Cork. As their Controls Engineer, your job will involve developing control systems and commissioning plans for their clients. In this job, you will have the opportunity to work for a company providing services internationally, throughout areas like Europe and the Americas. This job would be well suited for you if you’re coming from an HVAC engineering background with solid on the job software experience. As their Controls Engineer, you will be provided a great opportunity to develop these skills further within a company known for its quality and reliability.
- Develop software and control systems for various building air conditioning systems.
- Develop commissioning plans, description of operations, sequence of operations, user guides and other related documentation.
- Creating electrical schematics/P&ID drawings.
- Upgrading existing software packages to develop new features.
- Adding new software packages for new products.
- Designing control panels.
- Occasional site work to assist commissioning teams with larger scale projects.
- Working with other departments to ensure system designs meet control requirements.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- Electrical, Electronic or Controls Third Level Degree or relevant trade qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of HVAC operation/control strategies.
- Experience with software development on industrial computers (PLC or BMS)
- IT/networking knowledge.
- Electrical systems design experience.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.