Our client one of one of Ireland's leading contractors, is seeking experienced and enthusiastic Engineering professional to oversee the successful delivery of large scale projects in the Leinster region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the engineering function on their respective project(s).
- Set the strategy for engineering setting out and onsite control.
- Act as the primary point of reference for QA, record keeping and production in line with agreed procedures.
- Oversee project meetings to review progress and plan future work schedules.
- Supervise and mentor engineers on site, acting as a role model and leading by example.
- Assists the project team in the procurement process and ensure trade contractors are correctly briefed and understand our project requirements through Pre-Appointment Meetings.
- Active involvement in HSE Management on our projects and challenge working practices on site and across our business to ensure continuous improvement.
- Consistently communicates and enforces our commitment to Zero Defect and Zero Snags.
- Drafts, reviews and approves Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) with the support of the Contracts Manager, Foremen and Safety-Officer.
- Identifies and co-ordinates package owners to ensure all necessary deliverables are allocated and understood and that interfaces are appropriately coordinated.
- Plan close out of works including O&M Manuals while allocating resources in accordance with the handover strategy and contract programme
- Takes control for Temporary Works and where required actively manages lifting operations.
Experience & Skills
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Construction / Engineering
- Has project delivery experience having worked previously in either an operational, planning or engineering role
- Is an effective communicator with key stakeholders
- Understands safety implications when designing and planning a project and seeks to reduce risk
- Has knowledge of the supply chain and has established working relationships over more than one project
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.