Moulding Process Development Engineer | Med Device Company, Galway | 12 Month Contract
Dynamic role developing the process around the mold. You will need process know-how to deal with R&D counterparts to critique the design, improve it and work with external vendors to fabricate and then bring in-house. This job would suit a hands-on individual (not a desk jockey) who isn’t afraid to go down to machine, analyse and present on it.
We will consider someone from other highly regulated industries but would need some one who is aware of and adheres to the regulations.
Location: Galway City
Responsibilities of the job:
- Support 2 projects (first with 3 months left to run & new project after)
- Identify and address any key issues or challenges with the design prior to manufacturing the mould.
- Identify key process inputs to ensure that key outputs are achieved during validation activities
- Work with R&D counterparts (USA) to critique design, improve it and work with external vendor to fabricate and then bring in-house (process know-how)
- Working cross functionally with R&D, Process Development, Quality departments
- Moulding experience - strong understanding of process
What we would like you to have:
- 3+ years’ experience in mould design (understand the process)
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline
- Tool design experience
- Knowledge of MSA’s – execution and documentation
- Ability to run & troubleshoot moulding machines
- Process experience – developing the process around the mold
- Experience in statistical analysis – Minitab
- Medical Device Background – Although candidates coming from a highly regulated industries (need to be someone who is aware and adheres to the regulations) may also be considered
If you are interested in this job and are a suitably qualified and experienced Moulding Process Development Engineer, please contact Aaron Long at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 749 264 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.