Role: Our client is a global provider of automated material handling systems who are hiring a Field Service Engineer to join their team in Kildare. As the company’s Field Service Engineer, your job will be to act as a shift lead in providing technical support for the company’s equipment. You will be well suited for this job if you have a strong hands-on technical background in electronics with solid field service experience. You will be conducting a range of reactive and preventative maintenance to ensure customer satisfaction and minimum equipment downtime. If you are interested in joining our client as a Field Service Engineer, you can find more information below to see if this is the right job for you. This job will require shift work.
- Act as lead technician on shift.
- Maintaining and servicing site specific equipment by identifying and resolving daily issues to prevent downtime.
- Using appropriate measuring and test instruments.
- Troubleshooting errors, and escalating downtime errors as necessary.
- Performing daily preventative maintenance on systems according to customer specifications.
- Ensure proper tracking of parts used, and follow proper stock handling procedures.
- Conduct installations of any assigned equipment modifications or upgrades.
- Provide on the job training to customers.
- 2+ years’ relevant experience.
- Third level degree in electronics.
- Basic networking skills (IP addresses, setting up wireless networks)
- Microsoft Windows experience.
- Experience with Unix, Linux, QNX, DOS, etc preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service ability.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.