Senior Accountant – North Dublin
My clients are a multinational manufacturing company based in North Dublin, they have an opening for a qualified accountant to join their finance team on a full time basis. If you have strong experience with multinational accounts and are fully qualified then I would love to hear from you.
Some of the main responsibilities of this job will include; supporting the complete statutory accounting and tax life cycle, maintenance of accounting ledgers, preparation of financial statements and tax returns.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial statements and local GAAP statements and ensure all statutory accounting deliverables are achieved within defined deadlines.
- Act as the lead contact with internal and external auditors on local GAAP audits and assist with U.S. GAAP audit queries when required.
- Engage with and support key stakeholders – Corporate Finance, Treasury, Legal, Finance business partners, Corporate Tax, and Business Process Owners leads to deliver a well aligned and holistic statutory financial and tax compliance model.
- Monthly trial balance submissions to Hyperion and preparation of general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepare management reports for senior management, including budgetary control, forecasting and reporting for corporate costs in location, including weekly cash forecasts for Treasury department.
- Design and own the workflows necessary for the preparation of timely and accurate Irish tax filings (payroll, VAT, corporation tax, dividend withholding tax and stamp duty returns), including monthly and quarterly tax submissions on Taxstream systems.
- Primary degree level education with ICAI, CIMA, ACCA post primary degree qualification
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a multinational company
- Demonstrated track record in accounting support/workflow management in support of the tax compliance and planning function of a large entity.
- Extensive knowledge of local GAAP and other applicable regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions. Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues.
If you feel you meet the above requirements for this role then I would love to hear from you, please send an updated CV to Emma at Sigmar Recruitment. Alternatively you can apply here on this site.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.