Role: Our client is hiring an experienced mechanical design engineer to join their company to aid their continued expansion. They are an engineering contractor with a prominent role in the waste handling industry who are looking for a candidate with a strong background in industrial design. As their mechanical design engineer, your job will be to use relevant software to deliver on client projects. The ideal candidate for this job will be experienced in Creo or Solidworks and have designed heavy industrial machinery. If you fit the requirements for this job, you will have ample opportunity to work on a range of interesting projects, aiding the company’s continued expansion. You can find more details below to see if this is the right next step for you.
- Designing and developing mechanical components.
- Using 3D CAD software to produce design outputs as drawings.
- Assisting the company’s procurement and manufacturing departments during system construction.
- Making sure that design work is produced/defined within the company’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- 2+ years’ relevant industry experience.
- Relevant third level honours degree or equivalent.
- Excellent 3D CAD ability, preferably Creo/Solidworks.
- Test data interpretation ability, to seek design enhancement solutions.
- Able to take a practical and innovative approach, focusing on simplicity in design and operation.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented, with an enthusiastic and proactive approach.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.