Senior Network Engineer role based in Dundalk
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to progress technically within a well known company in Dundalk.
You will be responsible for installing and supporting network and security systems and designing and installing intranet systems and network segments. You will also be involved in the designing and building networks.
What you will do:
- Involved in designing and building networks
- Configure and Install Network Hardware and Software
- Monitor Network Performance
- Analyse, isolate and reporting of issues
- Determine network and system requirements
- Maintain network, server deployment, and security
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configurations along with network address assignment and management
- Maintain network services / systems such as VPN gateways, IDS/IPS systems
- Administration of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Proxys, patching and software deployment
What you need:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification (IOS and Nexus)
- Experience operating in and troubleshooting in medium to large scale networks
- Strong Knowledge and experience of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP(MPLS))
- Tunneling protocols (IPSEC, GRE, and L2VPN/L3VPN)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco)
- Proficient in Windows Servers or LINUX
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.