Our client is an internationally recognised Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation engineering contractor with projects throughout Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe. Sectors include, Datacentres, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Industrial and Commercial.
An experienced Mechanical QA/QC Lead is now required to join their team on a large Data Centre construction project in Leinster.
The Mechanical QA/QC Lead shall operate within the framework of the ISO documented Quality Management System on a Mechanical project environment involving the installation of heavy mechanical equipment, systems and general mechanical services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To coordinate the establishment, implementation and maintenance of the project Quality Plan and system inspection and test plans in line with company procedures and the Client’s specifications.
- To interpret and communicate the contract Quality requirements to the company project staff and company business functions supporting the project. Provide guidance on the implementation requirements.
- To coordinate with the client on all quality related issues to ensure a consistent approach to client relationships and to investigate customer queries and complaints.
- To review, audit and monitor the implementation of the Project Quality plan and procedures and Liaise with the Company Auditing team.
- To coordinate the establishment, implementation and maintenance of the Project inspection and test programs and associated witness point(s) time schedule on a system by system basis.
- To manage the clients attendance at the agreed inspection and/or witness points in accordance with the project contract and handover programme.
- To coordinate the resolution of all matters pertaining to Quality at the Project Management Team and project supervisor levels.
- To coordinate the handover of all Quality Records to the Client on a system by system basis.
- To promote good quality through team training sessions and benchmark activities.
- Implement a structured approach towards systems handover / project completion
- Effect good communication with package owners and the quality team
CAPABILITIES TO FULFIL THE ROLE:
- Third level degree or relevant qualification/Experience in Data Centres / Industrial Projects
- A mechnanical background or experience in the pharmaceutical and ICT industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and management skills to effect clear communication with project staff including technicians, supervisors and management to deliver concise reports on installation and test progress and ultimate system completion and handover in a timely manner.
- 10+ years’ experience in a Quality role
Specific Skills Required:
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to juggle and manage many priorities
- Priorities and allocate time according to priority
- Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly
- Effective communication and team working skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to build relationships across a wide range of professionals
- An understanding of electrical services impact on Building Regulations
- Sound working knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Manage performance: monitor, give feedback, confront issues
- Administration and record keeping skills
- Skilled at balancing the big picture with the need to get into detail
- Skilled at getting the job done
- Skilled at asking the right questions
- An exceptional eye for detail
If you are interested or know someone who is, contact Sean on 091 455 302 or email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.