- The EHS Engineer will ensure that site operations are carried out at all times in compliance with the sites EPA Industrial Emissions Licence and that all reporting & assessment requirements to the relevant regulatory agencies and Corporate EHS are met on time and in full.
- To implement standardised and comprehensive environmental programmes across the site that meet best practice with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Be the SME for all aspects of environmental programmes across the site and provide technical support as required to change management processes such as the EHS assessment of new product introductions and changes to site operations and infrastructure.
- The position will also be required to drive and support continuous improvement in our Health & Safety programmes and to undertake any projects or tasks assigned by the EHS Manager to support and develop site Health & Safety programmes.
- Ensures that site operations are carried out at all times in compliance with the sites EPA Industrial Emissions Licence
- Ensures that all reporting & assessment requirements to the relevant regulatory agencies and Corporate EHS are met on time and in full. Develops and executes on strategies and annual plans to deliver continuous improvement in EHS performance.
- Develops and delivers EHS training to the site.
- Oversight and management of the site waste-water treatment plant and associated EHS Technologist.
- Oversight and management of third-party contractors involved in solid & liquid waste management operations on site and associated EHS Technologist.
- Provides technical EHS support & expertise to all Departments and personnel on site.
- The EHS Engineer will support the site Energy Management System (ISO50001) and is a member of the Site Energy Team.
- Deputises for other members of the EHS team as required
- Participates in the site Emergency Response programme and supports continuous improvement activities
- Provides Leadership & Coaching to all employees on the compliance requirements associated with regulatory requirements and site EHS programmes
- Other duties as required by the EHS Manager or Site Leadership Team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an environmental role in manufacturing – preferably chemical/pharmaceutical
- The EHS Engineer will be experienced in management of an Industrial Emissions Licence & Liaising with EPA
- Comfortable with complexity and technical issues – will have an aptitude for chemical processing & organic chemistry
- Experience in the management & control of Air emissions & Wastewater & associated emission control technologies
- Experience of preparing reports for the EPA – Annual PRTR (Pollutant Release & Transfer Register), EDEN etc.
- Experience in preparation of internal environmental metrics & Corporate reporting
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.