Role: Our client is a leading Irish energy company who are currently hiring a Lighting Designer to join their team in North Dublin on a fixed-term contract. As our client’s Lighting Designer, you will be responsible for defining project requirements, creating designs and seeing projects through to commissioning stages. In this job, you will have the chance to work with a range of customers from SMEs to large industrial facilities. This job will be well suited for someone with several years’ experience in lighting and electrical design who enjoys seeing projects through to completion. If successful, you will be given the opportunity to work for one of the largest power companies in the country and their suite of interesting clients. If you are interested in this Lighting Designer job, you can find more information below to see if it is the right next step in your career.
- Preparing lighting designs for projects per customer requests.
- Liaising with customers to determine their lighting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for improvement.
- Defining requirements for lighting projects and coordinating with relevant stakeholders, vendors and contractors.
- Recommending alternatives for improvements and cost savings.
- Preparing lighting and electrical cost estimates for projects in conjunction with the Project Team and vendors.
- Overseeing project installation and commissioning of projects as well as ensuring compliance with all relevant procedures and standards.
- 2+ years’ experience in lighting and electrical design.
- Third Level Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Experience preparing written specifications and contract documents.
- Experience with Dialux Evo or an equivalent software.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable electrical engineering standards, codes and industry practices (i.e. RECI/CIBSE/IS-3217).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Full driving license.
- Safe pass.
- CAD experience
- Emergency lighting design certificate.
- Portfolio of lighting projects with verifiable references.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of job described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.