The QC Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and directing the day-to-day activities in the QC laboratory, including adherence to the System for Management.
- The QC Supervisor will supervise daily laboratory operations, ensuring laboratory personnel execute their responsibilities in strict accordance with relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Support the weekly and daily production schedules and participate in the daily Tier 1 meetings to review shift production goals and to review execution against the shift’s goals.
- Attend with the supervisors of support functions daily Tier 2 meetings to review shift production goals and execution against the shift’s goals.
- Escalate production floor issues related to laboratory personnel, safety, procedures, materials, process, equipment, automation, utilities, and/or information systems to Tier 3 according to manufacturing and site escalation process.
- Establish the expectation and standards, and the supportive environment, to ensure that staff has the capability to meet performance expectations. This includes building staff capability by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring of direct reports, providing timely recognition as well as performance counselling, building and executing development plans, and providing career counselling for career progression.
- Maintain expected standards by reporting weekly on leader standard work activity through standard tracking mechanism.
- Provide direction to laboratory personnel internally and at contract laboratories to ensure production is able to complete the targets specified in the daily production plan.
- Lead the development and qualification of methods and sampling techniques for use in cleaning validation studies to support the site product mix.
- Assess new laboratory equipment purchases for laboratory effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Provide guidance and training to QC Staff members on various GMP related activities.
- Provide timely status reports to laboratory management on the status and effectiveness of the laboratory Installation, Qualification, calibration and maintenance programs.
- Complete and conform to all training requirements for job role, including company-required and job role-specific training.
- Carry out one to one meetings with at least one direct report weekly.
The next QC Supervisor should have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related science with 3-5 years’ experience in QC. You should also have at least 2 years’ experience supervising staff and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.