Role: Part-Qualified Accountant - Perm
Location: Galway City
This role is for a Part Qualified Accountant for EMEA Centralised Accounting Function. This is a permanent role which will allow a part qualified accountant to develop, learn new skills and take on responsibility in financial accounting.
What you will do
- Responsible for the timely and accurate posting, management and review of month end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation & resolution
- The development of strong relationships with direct and indirect stakeholders
- Act as a champion for the Shared Services philosophy and architecture for Finance
- Excellent interpersonal skills - the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and different cultures
- Contribution to the definition of service standards and continuous management of service level agreements (SLA)
- Contribution to the establishment of a continuous improvement culture, and assisting with change management with direct and indirect stakeholders
- Mentoring junior staff members and ensuring development plans are supported, emphasising the importance of accuracy and completeness
- Maintains ledger integrity and ensures financial compliance with the Worldwide Controller’s manual and to all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with GAAP. Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies & procedures including Worldwide Controller’s manual
- Interacts successfully with internal and external auditors and supports audits by providing timely & accurate data and communication
- Evaluates processes and recommends & implements process improvements
Who we are looking for:
- Qualified Part Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or CPA) or finance background
- 2 to 3 years recent experience working within a multinational environment preferably with Shared Service Centre
- Strong knowledge of SAP or equivalent is essential. Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) required.
- Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a global organization in a multi-country environment.
- Fluency in a second European Language is beneficial
To apply for this position or for more information you can contact me in the strictest confidence: Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309 - email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.