What does this job involve?
- The EHS Engineer will participate in site safety and environmental activity and ensure that the Site operations comply with legislation and best practice.
- Investigate and manage any incidents that occur on-site and ensure that Accident Reports / Unplanned Events reporting forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Maintenance and preparation of information databases and reports for submission to the EPA, Irish Water, SDCC and other regulatory authorities in accordance with IEL requirements.
- Site contact for EPA, Irish Water, SDCC and other regulatory authorities in accordance with IEL requirements.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the Local Authorities and residential groups.
- The EHS Engineer will support the site Energy Management System (ISO50001) and participate in energy conservation initiatives across the site.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure environmental policies and procedures are being implemented.
- Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Contribute information and perform relevant tasks within a cross functional technology transfer team to bring new products on site.
- Develop EHS training plans for site personnel to comply with regulations as well as prepare for potential emergency situations.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Unplanned Event Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
The next EHS Engineer should have a 3rd level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Management or similar with 3+ years EHS experience in the pharma industry. You should demonstrate excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
If you're looking to further your career experience and gain exposure to a first of its kind facility in Ireland send us your CV now for a confidential conversation!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.