Our client is currently seeking to recruit Health & Safety Advisor to join their team for the West Of Ireland
Duties of the role:
- Maintain and Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate)
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free work environment.
- Ensure that all employees have appropriate training, information, and knowledge to ensure that their work activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Responsible for facilitating and conducting on-going safety training for all employees in the business, and ensuring that new employees (including agency personnel) receive timely inductions prior to commencing their role.
- Training records for all employees to be maintained in an appropriate systematic format, and in format that is consistent across all sites.
- Ensure that all activities across the business have robust and up-to-date risk assessments.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and training to ensure that all risks are appropriately managed.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, and make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations to identify root cause analysis and implement control measures to prevent reoccurrences
- Ensure Site Managers and Supervisors are actively engaged in the audit process and all Health and Safety systems.
- Provide site personnel with the appropriate training and systems to ensure that they can adequately monitor this. Conduct regular programme of audits to evaluate compliance with same.
- Ensure all internal and external health and safety reporting requirements are complied with.
- Operate Traffic Management Systems for projects
- Work with the EPA, HSA, RSA and all relevant public bodies who visit the sites to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and bodies
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Hold a relevant H&S Qualification
- Excellent knowledge of ROI legislation
- Full Clean Driving licence
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise in gap analysis
- Excellent reporting skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas
- Motivated and diligent individual
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.