Quality Engineer II - Mechanical Testing – Medical Device
Work with one of the world’s largest medical device companies and Irelands second largest employer who have heavily invested in their Galway site and don’t show any signs of slowing down in terms of growth.
This role will work within the mechanical test laboratory providing quality and engineering support.
- Support the Quality and Manufacturing departments by completing non-conformance investigations within the mechanical test lab.
- Support new product development by testing new prototypes and assisting in product transfers and equipment transfer.
- Work on new equipment validation and testing and ensure compliance to internal and external standards and policies.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, maintained and remains compliant.
- Lead equipment risk assessments along with completing associated documentation for equipment and systems.
- Liaise with operations, NPS and sustaining departments along with OEMs and Vendors.
- Work with EHS on new equipment, processes and chemicals for environmental impact and complete relevant risk assessments.
- Lead and support Continuous improvement or six sigma projects, along with CAPAs.
- Must have a level 8 degree in a STEM subject and 2 years or more experience in product or equipment testing.
- Should have mechanical test method knowledge such as Leak, Burst, Tensile, Particulate, Lubricity, Tracking, Optical Measurement & Torsion testing
To apply for this position please contact James Porter at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455305 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.