You will be responsible for installing technical machinery and operating equipment using only best practice methods and adhering to health and safety regulations and procedures at all times.
On site you will report directly to the Senior Installation Technician, where hours of work will be flexible to meet client requirements during the working week.
You will be located within commutable range of Dublin, where regular overnight travel throughout the UK should be expected, therefore it is essential you hold a valid driving license.
What you'll need
You will be willing to learn, self-motivated, practical, and can demonstrate completion of multiple tasks within pre-defined timescales.
Candidates will ideally have a number of years’ experience and qualifications within a maintenance, electrical or engineering environment and be technically minded, however this is not essential. Experience within the modern storage industry is also not essential. Experience in manual handling is desirable.
Good communication skills are advantageous as you will be liaising directly with clients for all inspection and maintenance work. Above all, strong attention to detail and taking pride in your work is essential as you will be responsible for assessing the complete safety of the storage systems, ensuring the machinery adheres to health and safety standards.
To reap the rewards and benefits of this role you will have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, combined with a methodical approach and an ability to deal with clients in a professional manner at all times.
What you’ll do
- Off-load and prepare automated storage equipment ready for installation.
- Install Hänel automated storage equipment at client sites using correct procedures.
- Daily checks on forklift, MEWP and handling equipment.
- Comply with the company’s and the client’s environmental, health and safety requirements, policies and procedures including risk assessments and method statements for the build and installation of automated storage equipment.
- Complete documentation relevant to each build and install, reporting back to the Installations Manager and Operations Manager.
- Record and complete daily, weekly and monthly administration documents e.g. timesheet, expenses and company vehicle.
What you'll get
As well as offering you the opportunity to join a very successful, family run business, the right candidate will also be provided with:
- Intensive teaching programme for product training carried out at manufacturer Hänel GmbH Germany and UK Headquarters
- A state-of-the-art UK training centre for hands-on continuous R&D and training on industry specific machinery, plant and equipment
- Competitive salary
- Fully expensed travel
- Company Car
- Complete set of tools and full site uniform
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual discretionary profit-related bonus scheme
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.