My client a food plant based in Cork has a vacancy for a Research Technologist.
The key functions of the R&D Technologist is to work in accordance with the Quality / Food safety standards of:
ISO 9001:2008 and ISO22000: 2005.
He/she should possess at least, 9 months - 2 years experience within a Food production facility.
College work experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 9 months - 2+ years experience in QA within a regulated food environment
- Diploma (NFQ 7) or higherin a Food related discipline
- Is responsible for preparing, coordinating & executing the agreed Project Briefs on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Provides comprehensive and timely Technical Support to customers.
- Ensures that the incoming and outgoing samples system is operated in an efficient manner.
- Undertakes identified research projects is association with the R&D Manager.
- Some exposure (6 months + ) in a food industry laboratory.
- Working knowledge of food Quality Management Systems.
- Providing lab tests on food and agri samples & record results / deviations.
- Ensure operations and support departments are in compliance with cGMP.
- The ability to send customer samples with relevant paperwork (Cert of Analysis etc.)
- The ability to chase up results from external labs, logging results and non-conformities.
- Work collaboratively with support departments while ensuring high cGMP standards.
- The ability to collate all test results ( internal & external )when dealing with dispatches.
- Can compile technical documents ( Allergan status, GMO status etc..
- The ability to complete customer technical questionnaires on request.
This is a great role for somebody starting off in their Food Science career
For more information please mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021-4847131 for full details.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.