Job title: Accountant
Reporting to: International Controller
You will support the International Controller in the coordination of the general accounting activities to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial information.
This is a permanent role with our multinational client on the west side of Galway City.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, bank reconciliations, accruals & prepayments and AP Clearing reconciliations.
- Prepare and post revaluation journals.
- Intercompany reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Manage Inventory on a weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly commission reports and various account reconciliation/analysis.
- Prepare VAT returns in various European Countries and VIES and Intrastat returns.
- Issue sales invoices in accordance with sales tax regulations.
- Prepare a weekly sales report and forecast.
- Approve vendor purchase orders.
- Complete sales reports on a quarterly basis
- Complete weekly and monthly payments for approval.
- Process claim for rebates and calculate breakdown for SBUs
- Submit details for new VAT registrations
- Maintain the Accounts payable ledgers – to include purchase invoices, employee expenses and credit cards.
- Assist in the preparation of the MOR
- Assist with the audits and in the preparation of the AOP and forecasts.
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA
- 5+ years’ experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
To apply for this position please contact Ciara Darcy at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455309 E: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.