My client based in Kildare is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team. This is a full time position and the salary is depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up
- Cost control consciousness
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- As part of the technical Maintenance team, work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
- Provide mentoring and coaching to shift technicians in areas you are strongest.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs
- Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- Ensure all parts are ordered by the shift technicians by the end of his/her shift.
- All relevant information is passed to both the maintenance manager and the next shift.
- Maintain workshops to a high standard
- Recording of all damage to dept. equipment and reporting to department, engineering supervisor on same.
- Adheres to all site policies on quality and safety (e.g.) clean overalls, clean work boots, hair nets, hearing protection, hand washing, door closing etc.
- Adheres to site policy directives on environmental issues. i.e. Control and use of oils and greases, disposal of lights, batteries.
- Control of contractors and acting as Liaison Person as and when required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Have relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC control systems.
For more information about the role or company you can contact me directly on 01 4744652 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Hughes - Manufacturing & Supply Chain Consultant at Sigmar Recruitment.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.