Job: IT Support Assistant
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
You will be the sole IT Support Assistant on site, reporting to the IT Manager. This is a busy role in a close knit and friendly environment. The company is expanding and working on new projects, as well as sustaining and improving current internal systems. New projects coming up include virtualisation and production control system projects.
- Assist the IT manager in the delivery of user IT support throughout the company.
- Help ensuring computer hardware and software is updated and maintained properly.
- Install and maintain a variety of peripherals.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Assist with the preparation of technical manuals and IT documentation.
- Assist employees in using applications when needed.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of networks.
- Create network and user accounts for staff and provide them with login information.
The Ideal Candidate for this job
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must have a relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Should be familiar with the operation of Windows Active Directory domains.
- Should be well versed in the process of troubleshooting Windows endpoints.
- Should have a good understanding of standard Microsoft client software and be able to pass on knowledge to users as required.
- Must be able to quickly learn new company-specific software in order to be able to support users.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and understand that many IT projects can only be implemented out of hours during company down-time.
- An Agricultural background is not required, but a distinct advantage.
Benefits Include: Pension, VHI Healthcare, Subsidised Canteen and Free Parking.
If you are interested in this job, please contact Catherina Forde at email@example.com or 091 749 261.
Sigmar Recruitment will always handle your details in confidence and will never forward your details to a Third Party without your prior permission.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.