My client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Financial Controller who has a passion for being involved in all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage a team of 2+ individuals in their daily tasks
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances. Exception reporting on KPIs
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Coordinate month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Complete bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Coordinate year-end audit
- Person Specification
- Qualified accountant with 4+ years post qualification experience
- Technical knowledge of Irish GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of a manufacturing environment or a SME would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a structured, systematic and organized manner, with high level of concentration.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-disciplined, thorough, methodical and predictable in approach to completing tasks. Highly organised with excellent planning skills
- Team player, with the skill to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and identifying well thought through practical solutions.
- Self -starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills
Please apply to email@example.com or call Aoife on 014744691 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.