Title of Position: Finance and Procurement Officer
Grade: Assistant Principal Officer
Reports to: Corporate Services Manager
Employing Authority: National Disability Authority
Location: 25 Clyde Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
As Finance & Procurement Officer the post holder will be required to fulfil duties in relation to the management, development, implementation and monitoring of the accounting and procurement function with a focus on areas of expenditure including payroll and general financial management.
S/he will play a key role in financial and procurement management and ensure that staff and management receive high quality, professional and responsive services. S/he will also implement financial and procurement management policies, procedures and systems and ensure compliance with corporate and project standards as well as maintain oversight of day-to-day financial and procurement activities.
For the successful implementation of this role, there are a number of key relationships to be fostered and developed. These will be with personnel from a range of Government departments and agencies including the Financial Management Shared Services Centre (FMSSC), Comptroller and Auditor General, Internal Auditors, Staff & Senior Management, Contractors and Authority Members.
As a staff member, the holder of the post will be expected to actively contribute to and participate in the overall development of the NDA and to promote its policies at all times and to adhere to NDA values. The post holder may be redeployed to Assistant Principal level duties within the NDA as needs arise.
The person appointed will be part of the NDA’s Corporate Services Department and will report to the Corporate Services Manager. The position is permanent and full-time subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
Applicants must have -
- Full membership of a prescribed accountancy body supervised by the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA); e.g. CPA, ACCA, ACA.
- Minimum of 3 years PQE (Post-Qualified Experience) is required.
- Experience preparing audit reports and audit files
- Experience obtained over a number of years in producing annual financial statements
- A good understanding of public sector accounting and financial management systems;
- Well-developed IT skills, familiarity with Financial Management Systems and advanced experience using Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge and experience of governance within the public service, particularly the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies 2016;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate with Senior Managers, Board members, Committee members, Internal and External Auditors and internal and external stakeholders.
Highly Desirable Requirements:
The following criteria are considered highly desirable for the post:
- Experience of Irish and EU public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations
- Experience of managing tendering processes;
- A good understanding of contracts management;
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills in financial and business management;
- Demonstrably strong track record in the exercise of sound professional judgement;
- The capacity to operate effectively and credibly at senior levels, both within the organisation and externally;
- Experience of managing staff and other resources;
- Excellent project management and organisational skills;
- Flexibility and be results-focussed with the ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines with attention to detail;
- The capacity to complete work thoroughly and to a high standard.
- Experience of financial audit and internal audit in private or public sector organisations;
- Experience preparing financial and non-financial reports and reporting to senior management;
- Experience of effective Corporate Governance processes
Selection Process Guide
How to Apply:
All candidates should visit www.sigmarrecruitment.com/clients/nda in order to download the application form and candidate booklet. Once the application form has been completed, please upload both the application form and Cover Letter via the online portal at www.sigmarrecruitment.com/clients/nda
To apply, candidates must upload the following via the online application portal.
- Application Form
- Covering Letter
Only Applications fully submitted online will be accepted into the campaign. Applications will not be accepted after the closing deadline of Friday the 23rd of August at 12 noon. Hard copies are accepted and can be posted to:
FOA Naomi Coleman
13 Hume Street
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application within 24 hours of applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaign updates will be issued to your registered email address as entered on the online application portal.
For a full information booklet please visit - www.sigmarrecruitment.com/clients/nda
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.