Role: Our client is a prominent contributor to the Irish power sector who is hiring a CAD Technician to join their company in Dublin. In this job, you would be joining a company that is a driving force of energy innovation in Ireland and aims to deliver efficient operation and quality service across the high voltage electricity system. As one of their CAD Technicians, you will produce drawings to facilitate grid development and connection, including single line diagrams and general arrangement drawings. This job would present a great opportunity to move towards working on the annual transmission maintenance plan and providing support with asset management policies and standards. If you are interested in the job described, you can find more details below to see if this CAD Technician position would be right for you.
- Creating CAD drawings for the client’s project engineers and managers.
- Producing Single Line Electrical Diagrams (SLDs) for transmission stations.
- Developing standard drawings for SLDs, building layouts and station sites.
- Detailing drawings for transmission infrastructure functional specifications.
- Producing wayleave drawings along transmission line routes.
- Developing/maintaining a library of standard drawing components for 3D station layouts and SLDs, as well as a drawing register to track the history and status of CAD drawings on the system.
- Managing CAD work requests from internal stakeholders.
- Identifying new opportunities for using CAD in the organisation’s engagement with stakeholders.
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification experience in an engineering role.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Competency with AutoCAD 2015 or later to produce design drawings, SLDs, station layouts and maps.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely fashion.
- Strong problem-solving/analytical ability.
- Ability to track and monitor key tasks and take responsibility for your own targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and able to work in a multi-disciplinary team where you will guide, persuade and influence others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Autodesk 3D CAD & BIM products (Revit, AutoCAD Plant3D).
- Experience collecting/using LiDAR survey data.
- Building standard and regulation knowledge (CIBSE Technical Guides, DHPLG Building Regulations).
- Knowledge of transmission system planning and operations.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.