Roads Design Team Manager
One of the country's leading consultancies is recruiting for an Roads Design Team Manager to be based in their Dublin office.
This is an exciting senior level opportunity with a consultancy who exhibit a high degree of professionalism, and are focused heavily on engineering excellence as well as commercial success.
The Senior Roads Engineer successful in obtaining this role will manage day to day delivery of projects; they will be expected to provide mentoring and leadership in technical excellence, fostering a working atmosphere of high quality delivery; a key requirement also is that they are comfortable with appropriate delegation and sharing of the responsibilities and project management with their team.
The job requires a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree qualification in Civil Engineering (or equivalent qualification appropriate to the tasks assigned) and have achieved Chartered Membership of Engineers Ireland; between a minimum of 10 to 15 years' relevant work experience.
The Roads Team Manager is expected to take responsibility for the day to day management of their relevant section, including:
- Overall management of projects and allocation of resources with support from their Operations Director
- Delivery of Business Plan in respect of roads design area
- Business development and marketing with the support of the Commercial function
- Management of financial aspects of relevant projects
- Management of civil and roads engineering professionals within their teams, supported by the Operations Director; providing technical guidance to more junior engineers
- Management of Quality in conjunction with the relevant senior directors
The company offers a professional and friendly environment to work where work - life balance is taken into account and team work is paramount.
If you are interested in this job and have the right civil engineering technical background, please apply using the link below or contact Richard Walsh at Sigmar for a confidential discussion.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.