Exciting role for a Senior Java Developer with experience building server-side apps and systems at scale.
You will be working on a large-scale platform used my millions of customers and has deep levels of complexity with a host of features and capabilities that are constantly evolving.
It’s made up of several components and on this project, the work is almost greenfield as new service capabilities are being built out.
You have the opportunity to work on development of new Microservices, add to new codebase, & code enhancements.
This is really a role for people that really enjoy advanced service side dev with Microservices and working with a lot of interdependent technology. The person will own it from development to shipping to production. (Java, Spring, Docker, AWS, Microservices etc)
- Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Jenkins, Scala etc.
- Hands-on coding as part of a cross-functional team alongside other developers, designers, and quality engineers, within an agile development environment.
- Working on the development next gen platform and solutions utilizing the latest in server and web technologies.
- Responsible for designing, documenting, supporting and implementing microservices.
- You'll contribute to the technical leadership and collective ownership & delivery of component design, development, and maintenance.
- Code reviews.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional, agile development team.
- Solve problems, transfer knowledge and contribute to overall product architecture.
- 6 years’ + experience in Java.
- Experience developing with frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Some professional experience with Scala.
- Familiarity with Functional and Object-Oriented programming paradigms.
- Strong coding capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- You'll have a proven understanding of project tracking and agile development methodologies.
- Architectural concepts such as microservices and separation of concerns.
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Development tools such as GitHub and Jira.
- Database technologies such as SQL, Aurora, and Redshift.
- Cloud technologies such as AWS.
Additional (nice to have skills):
- Operating frameworks such as Apache Mesos, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, and Amazon Kinesis.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and automated testing tools like JUnit, Cucumber, Mockito.
* Applicants must be fully eligible to work full time in Ireland (EU passport holders or Stamp 4 Visa holders)
* This is an urgent role and my client is moving fast on applications.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 014744669
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.