This is a permanent role with a competitive salary depending on the experience of the successful candidate with an attractive shift premium and benefit structure.
This role will suit someone who is keen on being a promoter of onsite health and safety, possesses an ability to lead and manage people and is capable of managing the production of a range of products in a cost efficient and high-quality focused environment.
The ideal person will be capable of making complex decisions in a high-pressure environment, can manage diverse relationship’s and have excellent communication and inter personal skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the promotion of safety within all areas including the ongoing identification and resolution of safety issues.
- Provide leadership and motivation for the personnel in the area
- Participate in the overall management of the business
- Manage quality, hygiene and cleanliness standards throughout the areas.
- Daily scheduling of production volumes in various areas
- Plan manning levels to cover production plan, holidays and other leave
- Plan downtime, maintenance and scheduled testing
- Initiate and support lean/continuous improvement / cost reduction activities.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong awareness of GMP and Health, Hygiene & Safety requirements
- Honours degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Experience in food industry / production facility
- Excellent communication and team management skills required
- Familiar with the Cheese processes (desirable)
- Excellent people and team management skills
This is a 12-hour rotating 4 cycle shift pattern (inc weekends). Excellent saraly and package on offer.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.