To support the department and improve the efficiency of the Procurement function by streamlining the purchasing procedures by prompt and accurate administration and processing; in addition to providing support to the Commercial Department
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Ongoing commercial management of suppliers ensuring contract compliance, delivery to SLAs and delivery of ongoing commercial opportunities.
- Ensure effective supplier relationship management applied and ensure supplier numbers are appropriate for the category that will improve performance, reduce costs and minimise administration.
- Effectively manage risk and minimise accordingly ensuring business continuity.
- Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the Purchasing strategy and assures contract compliance and SLA deliverables.
- Implement and manage supply and service level agreements/contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality, innovation, zero harm and service targets as required by the business
- Manage the on-boarding of new sub-contractors and suppliers from start to finish including reviewing all the returned sub-contractors packs for completeness including insurances, HSEQ certs and passes prior to issuing to the relevant department managers for approval.
- Liaise with Finance Dept to ensure that all responsibilities are completed to allow payments to suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the processing of sub-contractor orders and variations to existing orders on Oracle from start to finish
- Maintain the Approved Sub-contractor Directory to ensure that all the information is accurate and current
- Maintain the Approved Sub-contractor Insurance Register ensuring that all the information is accurate and current, and that a hard and electronic copy of the current insurance documents are held
- Apply the policies and procedures set out by the Company and adopt them accordingly as part of a pragmatic business support strategy.
Requirements of the job:
- Purchasing Qualified (or studying towards qualification or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience of current purchasing best practice principles
- Highly proficient in Oracle System and MS Excel
For more information you can contact me on 01 4744652 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Hughes - Supply Chain & Logistics Consultant at Sigmar Recruitment
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.