Job Opportunity: Technical Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible primarily for the quality and technical functions of the Road Surfacing Business.
The job is to be based in Co Meath but will require regional travel to other company locations and customer sites. The position will come with a company vehicle, bonus structure and a very competitive salary.
The Job at Hand:
- Proactively manage and develop the Road Surfacing technical and quality function in line with product regulatory requirements, industry best practice and the company’s operational and commercial
- Review of all incoming contract specifications as part of tendering and contract vetting to ensure materials, specification, installation and testing requirements are interpreted and understood as well as communicated appropriately to internal and contract personnel.
- Lead and manage the contract specific site testing function including management of a designated Field Technician and all subcontracted testing requirements
- Delivery of both on and off the site Technical Training to Road Surfacing colleagues and sub-contractors
- Carrying out frequent site visits to inspect on site practices and workmanship. Initiating improvements where required
- Ensure sampling and testing practices are carried out to required standards and that
equipment is maintained in required working order
- Report to Senior Management within both the Road Surfacing and Technical teams on product quality and progress against objectives at agreed intervals
- Monitor quality and conformity of all products supplied / used on projects and ensure that when required appropriate corrective action(s) are agreed upon and implemented with Production / Operations Management in a timely manner
- Monitor product standards, specifications, relevant national and international requirements and ensure that changes are highlighted when there is a commercial, production or technical implication
- A recognised 3rd level qualification in one or more of the following areas is preferred; Civil Engineering, Asphalt Technology, Quality
- Detailed experience current asphalt related standards and
- Ideally 5-10 years’ experience working in either a Supervisory or Technical role in the asphalt / quarry products industry.
- Broad Technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials / quarry products industry is highly
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of onsite Technical
Graeme: Ph 01 9619706 / Email - email@example.com to apply or for further information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.