Looking for an experienced Business Unit Manager to take responsibility for the overall operations of a Business Unit in a highly successful Medical Device company in Galway.
- Set the Business Unit goals that support current business objectives.
- Drive and meet the KPIs of the Business Unit.
- Determine appropriate staff levels and hire staff as required.
- Establish and maintain good employee relations in line with Company Policy.
- Drive an environment of Business Excellence.
- Manage and monitor department budgets through monthly sales and cost reviews leading to the continued improvement of operating margins.
- Build and refine cost models that best attract profitable business when necessary.
- Position the customer at the centre of all activities to avail of commercial opportunities -- lead time, price, special requirements.
- Develop close links with both internal and external customers such as Regulatory Affairs, Sales Personnel and sales organisations.
- Lead and develop the team in communication, team development, career development, motivation and skills.
- Lead cross-functional teams in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Ensure department adherence to regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a third level qualification in Engineering, Business, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar environment, of which at least 3 years related experience at middle management level.
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools. (Green Belt certification or higher is desirable).
- Possess strong analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, oracle and other applicable tools.
- Working knowledge of the necessary Regulatory Requirements.
- Understanding of supply chain processes.
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential.
If you are interested in this Business Unit Manager role, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300 to find out more.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.