Role: Our client is a major provider of building heating in the island of Ireland who are currently looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer to join their team in North Dublin. In this job, you would be responsible for providing support for the design and installation of the client’s heating systems. As the Technical Support Engineer, you will oversee processes both pre and post-sale to ensure quality installations and customer satisfaction. This job will involve engaging with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, and will also require providing assistance and training to junior staff members. As our client’s Technical Support Engineer, you will be working for a global company with an increasing portfolio of domestic and commercial customers. If this job sounds like the right choice for your next career move, you can find more details below.
- Provide pre and post-sale support on the specification of client products to developers, contractors, architects and specification engineers.
- Prepare design proposals and quotes as well as manage the design process through to quotation.
- Advise the sales team, consulting engineers, installers and end-users of the best solutions for projects.
- Ensure that all designs are delivered in line with relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Keeping up to date with new products and how they can integrate with existing solutions.
- Provide quality control during installations.
- Deal with onsite installation issues and provide technical/diagnostic product support.
- Deal with relevant service and warranty calls.
- 3+ years’ experience in building services engineering.
- Knowledge of building regulations and CIBSE guidelines, with knowledge of DEAP and TGD Part L 2011.
- Experience delivering specifications of mechanical and building services.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong report writing/presentation skills, with ability to work towards tight deadlines.
- Full drivers license.
- Experience working on the design integration and delivery of renewable technology in commercial/domestic projects would be ideal.
If you are interested in getting involved in in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.